Global retail industry venture financing deals total $2.46bn in Q3 2020
Total retail industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020 worth $2.46bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 3.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 8.02% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.28bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.19bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.17bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for retail industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2020 was the US with 32 deals, followed by China with 14 and India with 13.
In 2020, as of the end of Q3 2020, retail venture financing deals worth $6.31bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 1.4% year on year.
Retail industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five retail industry venture financing deals accounted for 58.9% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five retail venture financing deals stood at $1.45bn, against the overall value of $2.46bn recorded for the month.
The top five retail industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Abu Dhabi Capital Group, CICC Capital ManagementLimited, Goldman Sachs & Co, ICBC International Capital, Suzhou Changshu Government Industry Fund, Tencent Holdings and Tiger Global Management’s $495m venture financing of Beijing Missfresh E-Commerce
- The $358.28m venture financing of Yipin Fresh by Capital Today, Eastern Bell Capital and Tencent Holdings
- Fidelity Capital Investors, Franklin Templeton Investments, Neuberger Berman and Thrive Capital’s $350m venture financing of Fanatics
- The $125m venture financing of JAND by Baillie Gifford &, D1 Capital Partners, Durable Capital Partners and T. Rowe Price Group
- Baillie Gifford &, D1 Capital Partners, Durable Capital Partners and T. Rowe Price Group’s venture financing of JAND for $120m.